“It’s encouraging that in these challenging times, when Port staff members reached out to our stakeholders about expediting medical supply shipments, they found a great deal of willingness to quickly band together and ensure rapid and early delivery,” said Port of Long Beach Executive Director Mario Cordero. (Image Courtesy: Port of Long Beach) “This demonstrates how crucial our Port and its stakeholders are to the city, state and nation as we weather this crisis together,” said Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners President Bonnie Lowenthal. “Port companies and dockworkers are already working every day to help fuel the economy, and now they have gone above and beyond to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.” The shipments, including medical gowns, gloves and other infection-control apparel and personal protective equipment manufactured in Asia, are being shepherded through several marine terminals at Long Beach. Terminal operators are staging the priority containers for special pick-up to rush them to distribution centers in California and beyond. The Port of Long Beach’s Business Development team has been working directly with Cardinal Health, a global, integrated healthcare services and products company headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, to bring these products through the port. The Port of Long Beach is working with medical supply companies, ocean carriers, marine terminal operators, dockworkers and truckers to expedite the importation of crucial health equipment during the COVID-19 pandemic. Author: Baibhav Mishra Sea News, April 3 Patrick Halloran, Director of Global Trade Logistics for Cardinal Health, credited the Port, shipping lines, terminal operators, dockworkers and truckers with pitching in to reduce the time of delivery of the much-needed medical supplies. “It’s great to see this come together as we all move quickly to prioritize getting products where they are needed in this uncertain time,” Halloran said.
KEYWORDS Japan’s Kaito Shigeno carries the ball during the Brave Blossoms’ June 11 win over Canada in Vancouver. | AFP-JIJI TOYOTA, AICHI PREF. – Japan looks to avenge its only loss at last year’s Rugby World Cup on Saturday when it takes on Scotland at Toyota Stadium.But it is a much-changed Japan side that takes on the men in blue. Japan’s 23-man match-day squad contains just 12 players who helped the Brave Blossoms to three wins at RWC 2015, the one blip being a 45-10 loss to Scotland just four days after the historic win over South Africa.Injury, retirement and unavailability due to Olympic requirements have hit Japan big time.Michael Leitch, Ayumu Goromaru, Fumiaki Tanaka and Male Sa’u are all injured, Luke Thompson, Michael Broadhurst and Justin Ives have all said (at this stage) they have played their last game for their adopted country, while Akihito Yamada, Kenki Fukuoka and Yoshikazu Fujita are all training with the sevens squad.By comparison, the Scots have 16 members of their World Cup squad, including 15 who played in the victory over Japan in Gloucester, England.And perhaps even more importantly, they are missing just three first-choice players through injury.The visitors also have a settled coaching crew in comparison to the Brave Blossoms, who are led by their second interim coach in as many months. So it is no surprise Japan starts as the underdog.“No doubt Scotland are the favorites,” said Mark Hammett, who took over from Ryuji Nakatake prior to last week’s win over Canada.“They played in the Six Nations and had that win over us at the World Cup. They are on an upward trend and have held their team intact. That’s the reality and that’s our challenge.”The Scotland camp, meanwhile, was taking the diplomatic approach saying it expects a tough outing.“Japan are an excellent team,” said assistant coach Jonathan Humphreys. “They have different personnel from the World Cup but they are still pretty effective. We will very much have to be on top of our game to get on top.”One player who has an added incentive to win is veteran lock Hitoshi Ono.Back in 2004, Ono was playing his fourth game for Japan as the Brave Blossoms were humiliated 100-8 by Scotland in Perth. Twelve years later, the 38-year-old is set to win his 97th cap.“This is a big game for us and the first time for us to show off the new Japan,” he said. “We need to stay low in the scrum, use our speed and tempo in the line-out and work as one for the full 80 minutes.”And what did he think of facing 207-cm lock Richie Gray?“I don’t want him to feel comfortable,” he said. “We are the challengers and that’s how we need to approach the game.”Amanaki Lelei Mafi was the standout performer for Japan when the teams last met until he was forced off with injury early in the second half — an event that proved to be the turning point in the game.The NTT Communications Shining Arcs No. 8 is making his first appearance for Japan since the World Cup, as is fellow back row forward Hendrik Tui.“There are a lot of new faces in the team,” said Tui, who has had a standout Super Rugby campaign for the Reds.“It’s not the best situation and it’s been challenging for the coaches and players. But there are enough senior players remaining to ensure we can put up a good performance.”One of those senior players is flyhalf Kosei Ono, who starts the game on the bench.“Scotland will look to their set piece and play to their traditional strengths,” he said. “We need to play our own unique way from the first whistle to the last. There are guys in the team who know what it takes to compete at the highest level.“We can’t really use (what happened last time) as motivation. We’ve got 80 minutes in front of us to change things.”Hammett said in order to come out on top, Japan needed to win its own ball in the tight, play a high-tempo game and “aggravate and mess their ball up. But Scotland know that as well.”Tui, meanwhile, singled out Scotland fullback Stuart Hogg as the main threat saying, “We have to contain him tomorrow.”For the Scots, the plan is simple.“We can’t lose focus or concentration,” said head coach Vern Cotter. “Or Japan will make us pay.” RELATED PHOTOS Brave Blossoms, Mark Hammett GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMES IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5
OXFORD — The Twitter war started last Saturday.The Oxford Police Department started a faux Twitter war with the Gainesville Police Department in advance of Saturday’s game between Ole Miss and Florida.The Gainesville (Florida) Police Department jokingly tweeted it would pull over the Tennessee Volunteers’ bus as the team drove to its game at Florida if the tweet received 1,000 retweets. The Volunteers arrived with no trouble but lost a 28-27 heartbreaker to the Gators.Hildon Sessums, a lieutenant in the Oxford Police Department, saw an opportunity, however. After the Rebels’ win last Saturday, he tweeted the team was moving on to the Gators — the two teams play each other Saturday at 6 p.m. — and that “we hear @GainesvillePD has jokes.”He and Ben Tobias — who runs the Twitter account for the Gainesville Police Department, which he’s also the public information officer for — sparred from there.Sessums talked trash about the Rebels’ 31-30 win at Florida in 2008, the most recent game in the series, while Tobias reminded him the Gators won the national championship that season.Don’t worry. This isn’t a serious Twitter feud.Oxford, Gainesville police talk football smack on TwitterThe Oxford Police Department hopes to use its Twitter account, as well as other things, to build stronger relationships with Ole Miss students and people in the community.“This was to get law enforcement in the limelight of things that are positive, things that are healthy for us,” said Jeff McCutchen, a major in the Oxford Police Department who also helps Sessums run the Twitter account. “What better way to get our message out there.“We’re not just cops. We’re part of the community. We like the same things that you like. They love college football. We love college football.“Everybody’s tweeting, everybody’s texting, everybody’s on social media. We should be doing the same thing. Nobody’s using an Atari anymore. We have to stay ahead of the trend.”He added “about 98 percent” of the response has been positive but that other people have said tax dollars shouldn’t be spent paying for them to tweet and that they should be spending their time pursuing criminals, not a social media presence.However, McCutchen said, this investment could pay off.“If we have a relationship and if something happens and I show up, it may not be the best of circumstances,” McCutchen said. “But we’re both going to deal with each other differently. What if (everybody) had a relationship like that? Our community would be so much better.“You’re out and about. You see things we can’t see. There’s 60, 70 of us. We can’t be everywhere. You text me, ‘I got this guy in my neighborhood. What do you think?’ We can get somebody over there. That’s what this is really all about.”McCutchen said the Oxford Police Department’s Twitter account had fewer than 50 followers last summer and had more than 10,600 as of Thursday morning.The Oxford Police Department plans to release a joint statement Friday with the Gainesville Police Department that their Twitter feud has been a joke.Because of how successful the battle has been at engaging the community, Sessums was invited by Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork to fly to the game Friday and work it the next day.McCutchen said no Oxford Police Department member has worked a Rebels road game since former Chief Steve Bramlett in 2005, the practicing ending when Bramlett left the department.Sessums, an Ole Miss grad, plans to meet with Tobias and present his counterpart with some Oxford Police Department-themed items on Saturday.They’re also considering a friendly wager based on Saturday’s game. If Ole Miss loses — “It’s not going to happen,” Sessums said — then the Oxford police will do the Gator chomp. If Ole Miss wins, then the Gainesville police will do the hotty toddy chant.Once that happens, the Twitter war will be over.“I thought that some fans would jump in and take it real serious,” Sessums said. “But most of them have realized it’s real lighthearted and it’s blown up.”Contact Daniel Paulling at email@example.com. Follow @DanielPaulling on Twitter.
We worked with three different organizations that work to combat child sex trafficking. So that was just an incredible experience. And then in the past during spring break one year I also helped out at a shelter home that shelters women that have been victims of sex trafficking and prostitution.That was at the Breaking Free House in the Twin Cities.Erdmann has also volunteered at the Dream Center in St. Cloud. They provide services to men 18 and older that are struggling with mental health issues, chemical dependency, or have learning or physical disabilities. He also packages meals for Kid’s Fighting Hunger and raises money for the annual Tackle Cancer game, just to name a few.Erdmann says he grew-up volunteering with his family, but his coaches at St. John’s and the school also encourage the students to give back. The junior who is a Rosemount native is a Global Business Major, but he says he wants to continue his community service work when he is done with college.I’m actually applying right now for a Fullbright Scholarship, so I could go overseas and teach English as a second language. And then hopefully on top of that, I could work with different organizations overseas. I just want to continue to do some service work.As part of the “Good Works Team” Erdmann gets to go to New Orleans to participate in a special community service project, and then participate in the halftime show at the Sugar Bowl on New Year’s Day.Meanwhile, on the football field, Erdmann has led the Johnnies to a 2-0 record this season, and they are ranked 9th nationally in Division III. St. John’s is hosting Carleton this Saturday for their Homecoming game. Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Skip Auto (360p) About Connatix V56892 1080p HD 360p COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s University football quarterback Jackson Erdmann is doing some impressive things on the field again this year, but he’s also equally impressive off the field. He is being honored nationally for his commitment to community service. Erdmann is one of just 22 college football players across all divisions named to the 2018 Allstate American Football Coaches Association “Good Works” team.Just one example, while other kids his age were enjoying spring break, he went on an 18-day mission trip to Thailand in January and February. 720p HD 1/1 About Connatix V56892
Sports Logos Les All Activity Forums Home I’m new here and have been searching and have seen Super Bowl Fields databases and things in that nature. But are there a history of the NCAA Men’s BasketbAll Final Four courts database? Are their a NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four Court Database? Sign in to follow this All Activity Share on other sites SportsLogos.Net 0 0 SportsLogos.Net Posted April 3, 2016 2 posts 0 Sports Logos This topic is now closed to further replies. Les Sports Logo News By Les, April 3, 2016 in Sports Logo News Are their a NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four Court Database? Link to post 0 Sign in to follow this Recommended Posts Followers 1 Go To Topic Listing Members Share this post Forums Home Followers 1 Sports Logo News Are their a NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four Court Database?
Adam Yates keeps the overall leader’s yellow jersey. Photo courtesy of Deceuninck Quick-Step Alexey Lutsenko has won stage 6 of the Tour de France.Having been part of a leading breakaway, Ireland’s Nicolas Roche was named most combative rider for the day.Sam Bennett retains the sprinters’ green jersey, and has increased his lead over Peter Sagan.
Home » Disciplines News » Triumphant Hanley wins German Grand Prix after two year injury lay-off Triumphant Hanley wins German Grand Prix after two year injury lay-off 20 May 2013, 16:11 IRELAND’S Cameron Hanley returned triumphantly to the Grand Prix winner’s podium in Germany today (Monday) after an almost two-year absence caused by a freak accident to his knee that resulted in a total of 17 operations.Competing at the five-star Riders’ Tour Grand Prix in Wiesbaden, the Mayo-born rider and the 10 year-old gelding Antello Z collected 19,000 euro after seeing off a strong international challenge in the 12-horse second round.He said afterwards: “It still hasn’t really sunk in, it was such a fast jump-off. I just cut loose and went as fast as I could. It’s amazing – a year ago I didn’t know whether I’d ever ride again, never mind win a Grand Prix of this magnitude. I have a fantastic horse and he really proved his worth here today. This is my first Grand Prix win in four years, and I’m delighted.”Hanley continued: “I originally found Antello Z when my brother Carl bought him at a local show as a seven year-old and I rode him a year later, but when I sustained my injury Alex Duffy took him over, and then Michael Whitaker, who did a terrific job with him. When I returned to fitness, my new Swiss sponsors Eleonore Paschoud and Yves Bouv asked me to find a great Grand Prix horse, and there was no doubt in my mind which one – we bought him back, and he certainly delivered the goods this afternoon.”Hanley’s knee injury occurred in May of 2011 while playing with his children in the garden of his home in Germany, where he is now based, and resulted in such severe complications that surgeons were at one stage highly sceptical that he might ever ride again.Tipperary’s Denis Lynch took 12th place in the Wiesbaden Grand Prix today, riding Lantinus. Tags:
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A pair of 2018 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifying events fill the card for I-30 Speedway’s Ed Jordan Memorial Weekend.The Friday, July 21 Preliminary feature for IMCA Modifieds pays $1,500 to win and a minimum of $150 to start while the Saturday, July 22 Ed Jordan Memorial pays $2,500 to win and a minimum of $250 to start.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Jet Racing Central Region, Allstar Performance State and track points will be given both nights.If paid by July 19, the $125 entry fee for the weekend includes the driver’s pit pass for both nights.Grandstand admission for adults is $5 on Friday and $10 on Saturday. Kids ages 6-12 get in for a buck when accompanying a paid adult and youngsters five and under are free both nights.Pit passes are $25.Pit gates and the grandstand open at 5 p.m. both nights. Wheel packing is at approximately 6:40 p.m. with the drivers’ meeting and racing to follow.More information is available by calling promoter Tracey Clay at 501 455-4567 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disney(LOS ANGELES) — There is only one Oprah Winfrey — and she took to her social media accounts Thursday to remind her millions of followers just that.Winfrey felt compelled to do so because there are various social media accounts claiming to belong to either her or one of her businesses. For example, First for Women magazine discovered an Instagram account called “own_Christmas,” that attempted to look as if it was legitimate, by posting a screenshot from Winfrey’s verified Twitter account.“Hi, everybody,” Oprah says in a video she posted to her social media accounts. “I just wanted you to know that somebody out there is trying to scam you using my name and my avatar on social media, asking for money if you sign up for an OWN account on Instagram.”Winfrey continues, “It’s a fraud, it’s a fraud, it’s a fraud.Don’t believe it. Don’t give up any of your bank accounts or personal information to anybody posing as me, or anyone else for that matter. And, have a Merry Christmas.”And OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network, also urged its Instagram followers, “Please be aware that social media accounts promising money using OWN and/or Oprah Winfrey’s name are false. We have notified the social media platforms who are working diligently to deactivate these accounts.”Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
Glenn Jacobs (Kane) has won the election for Mayor of Knox County Tennessee. Jacobs was running as a republican and had more than two-thirds of the votes late last night.Jacobs isn’t the first WWE superstar to run or be elected to office. Jesse “The Body” Ventura was the elected Governor of Minnesota back in 1999 to 2003. Jerry “The King” Lawler ran for mayor in Memphis. Rhyno ran for state legislature in Flint Michigan. Bob Baklund ran for congress out of Connecticut back in 2000. Booker T had announced that he was running for mayor of in Houston Texas. Over the past year rumors have been going around that The Rock Dwayne Johnson could start a campaign for President of the United States in 2020. Lets not forget that Celebrity wing WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump is also the current POTUS. Please follow and like us: