First Quarter Volumes Drop 18.5% at Port of Los Angeles

first_imgSea News, April 9 March imports decreased 25.9% to 220,255 TEUs compared to the previous year. Exports decreased 23.8% to 121,146 TEUs. Empty containers declined 44.5% to 108,168 TEUs. In total, March volumes totaled 449,568 TEUs. Author: Baibhav Mishra The Port of Los Angeles moved 449,568 Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) in March, a 30.9% decrease compared to last year. For the first quarter of 2020, volumes have decreased 18.5% compared to 2019. It was the lowest amount of monthly cargo moving through the Port since February 2009. (Image Courtesy: Port of Los Angeles)center_img Meanwhile, Port officials are in regular contact with terminal operators, longshore unions, and other supply chain stakeholders to make sure that stakeholders are able to obtain the necessary supplies they need for a safe and clean work environment. COVID-19 Crisis Hits Supply Chain Hard as March Cargo Falls 30.9% “We’ve had two serious shocks to our supply chain system. First the trade war between the U.S. and China and now the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Gene Seroka, Executive Director of the Port of Los Angeles. “With U.S. retailers and cargo owners scaling back orders, volumes are soft even though factories in China are beginning to produce more. Amidst this public health crisis, there will be uncertain months ahead in the global supply chain.”last_img read more

Gamecock Athletes Receive Stipend

first_img Session ID: 2020-09-18:20027803acd36ea99c452023 Player ID: videojs-brightcove-player-68930-4423144860001 OK Close Modal DialogCaption Settings DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsDefaultsDoneClose Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Just in time for the weekend, Gamecock athletes received their first cost of attendance stipend. Steve Spurrier says each athlete will receive $400 a month and he hopes his players will use the money wisely. Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%0:00 Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1ChaptersChaptersdescriptions off, selectedDescriptionssubtitles off, selectedSubtitlescaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedCaptionsAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window. The Video Cloud video was not found. Error Code: VIDEO_CLOUD_ERR_VIDEO_NOT_FOUNDlast_img read more

High school bowling: Parkway teams remain unbeaten; Haughton boys, Benton boys, Airline girls win

first_imgThe Parkway boys and girls teams kept their perfect records intact Monday at Holiday Lanes.In a battle of boys unbeatens, Parkway blanked Airline 27-0. The Lady Panthers knocked off Byrd 23.5-3.5.The Parkway boys improved to 6-0. Airline dropped to 5-1. The Parkway girls improved to 7-0.In other boys matches, Haughton downed Byrd 22-5, Minden defeated Bossier 20-7 and Benton edged Loyola College Prep 14-13. In the only other girls match, Airline rolled past Loyola 26-1.Parkway’s Ladarius Williamson had the day’s high series among boys of 688 (224-236-228). His teammate Chandler Sumpter bowled the high game of 246. He also bowled a 215 and 211 for a 672 series. James Benjamin bowled a 658 series (208-227-223).Parkway’s Destin Meza also topped 600 (212-221-180—613). Justin Shea had a 208 game.Brian Fielding had Airline’s high series of 526, including a 178. Jaylon Ellison bowled the Vikings’ high game of 224. Dominic Rivers bowled a 165.Cameron Silba led Haughton (4-2) with a 168 high game. Brandon Simmons had the Bucs’ high series of 325. Johnathan Brown bowled a 144.Parker King paced Benton (4-2) with a 196 high game and 488 series. John Norris bowled a 182 and Austin Sepeda a 180.Chris Whisnant led Bossier with a 153 high game and 381 series. Shamari Lay and Eric Clark both had 120 games.Parkway’s Nicole Taylor led all girls with a 564 series, including 208 and 202 games. Airline’s Trista Quinley had the day’s high game of 213 in a 524 series.Parkway’s Pearl Merry and Katie Black both bowled 175 games. Airline’s Bailey Russell had a 169 and Courtney Riede a 146. Airline improved to 5-2.Top Expat InsuranceExpat Living in Hong Kong without Health Insurance?Top Expat Insurance|SponsoredSponsoredUndoNews gadgetThis watch takes the whole country by storm! it’s price? Ridiculous!News gadget|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Secret Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unblock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoPerfect-Dating.comAre You Ready to Meet Cool Guys in Tung Chung?Perfect-Dating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Trick Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unlock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoCelebsland.com9 Celebrity Before-And-After Plastic Surgery DisastersCelebsland.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndolast_img read more

Match ban for senior official, two players

first_imgBy Fidelis Sukina A senior official with the Enga Mioks team has been suspended from the remaining 18 matches of the 2018 Digicel Cup season. Competition manager Stanley Hondina made the revelations at a press conference yesterday. Two others have also been suspended. Joseph Kipi was suspended for using threatening words during the Mioks and Waghi Tumbe match in Wabag last weekend. “Joseph Kipi is the assistant team manager for the Mioks. He used some threatening words during the game and the match review committee also had some reports of him doing the same last year on two occasions and was put on notice. This time the match review committee and the judiciary have stopped him from all remaining 18 matches in the 2018 season. Their franchise manager Sam Koi was cited of saying some words but the match review committee saw that it did not warrant any suspension and was given a strongly worded warning letter. “This will send a message to those that think they are smart to talk offensively to the referee whether it is an official or a player. There is no room for that the game has moved on from that … our mindset and attitude has to change,” he said. Hondina also pointed out two other incidences that have seen the suspension of two players – one from Waghi Tumbe and the other from Lae Tigers team. “A late tackle from Waghi Tumbe Mosley Tika on Enga Mioks’ Roger Laka, was reviewed by the committee as a grade three reckless high tackle according to the Judiciary code of procedure which seeds him take on 400 demerit points which means for every 99 points it’s a one-week match ban so he has 400 points but with an early guilty plea that removes 100 points, so he will have to serve three weeks suspension, but his points will carry over. “The game in Port Moresby we had incidences where players and officials were verbally attacking the referee after the game. We have systems and processes in place. If you are unhappy with the performance of the referee, there a proper channels and procedures in place but do not face off with the referee. “Paul Kambi from the Tigers was not playing but was part of the team and said some abusive words to the referee and was reviewed and charged with a detrimental conduct charge which is a charge for an incident outside of the field. It was grade two charge which is 225 points and with an early guilty plea that removes 100 points he will serve a match suspension and his points will carry over. “This incident happened outside the field but we won’t be letting it go he is part of the team and is a registered player. “The Wahgi Tumbe and the Snax Tigers have accepted the charges but the Mioks are yet to come back to us and they have 24 hours to do so,” Hondina said.last_img read more